Sunday, May 11, 2014

(7) Scratches and Wounds

Author: Rizwan Ahmed Memon


Village Akil
Larkana, Sindh, Pakistan
April 18, 2014



Dearest Seemi,

I hope you are all right. Everything has gone wrong here with me. My family is divided. My elder brother, who is in charge of our home, now refuses to support our marriage. My beloved, this is not what I had expected after university. I never imagined my own brother, who always stood by my side, could do this. He listens a lot to his wife. His wife is your sister, but I don’t know what kind of sister she is since she doesn’t care even for you. She has turned my brother against us. They both are now of the same nature. They are committing an injustice on us.

Well, Seemi, I am broken and have scratches and wounds on my heart. You must be feeling the same after learning all this, but I still have not lost hope. Someday we will be together. Pray that God may give me strength and comfort.

I have not written to you for more than two months because a lot is going through my mind. I have also started teaching in the city at a private computer center. They pay me less, and the principal is very rude and foul-mouthed. He keeps saying bad words not only to the teachers, but also to the students. He is very proud and abuses everyone. Well, I keep ignoring him and his words. I have to do something to survive and to collect some money for our wedding. 

I now understand a lot about the world and people. Time has taught me that no matter who it may be, if he or she has no feelings, he or she will not care for anybody. This callous person may even be a brother or a sister. 

I will write to you again soon, and I will tell you more about my situation. Stay calm and don’t take these problems seriously. My mind remains occupied by these burdens. However, I am trying to get all this out of my mind. Pray that the hard times may end soon and that the good times may come.


Yours forever,
   Rizwan


No comments: