Sunday, May 11, 2014

(10) No More Separation

Author: Rizwan Ahmed Memon

Village Akil
Larkana, Sindh, Pakistan
April 26, 2014

Dearest Seemi,

What could be better news than to hear that our wedding date has been decided! I know you know our wedding date because it was decided at your home. We are going to marry on the 17th of May!

Finally, everything has turned out right. Our separation, our longing to meet, and our waiting are going to end. Oh Seemi, it feels like I waited, we waited, for centuries! I sometimes think in waiting, too, there was happiness and joy. The hope of meeting you always kept me alive and active.

They say when something that we want to achieve is achieved, then its charm remains no more. I don’t believe that. My love for you increases every day. Even with my friends, I have noticed that my love, my respect for them never ends, but rather it multiplies each day.

Let’s pray to God this new chapter of life may bring joy and happiness. Let’s pray that sorrow and separation may never stand in our way. Let’s pray that we may have sober, considerate, and respectful offspring. Let’s pray that we may prove to be one of the best couples in the world.

With all of these wonderful prayers and a very warm “I love you,” I am ending this letter.

Yours always,
  Rizwan

No comments: