Tuesday, February 11, 2014

To all the Strangers!

To all the Strangers!
 
Author: Rizwan Ahmed Memon
Village Akil
Larkana, Sindh, Pakistan
August 22, 2013



Dear stranger,

                        I don’t know you, but now that you have found this book, you know me in someway. This is a message for you. I am writing to tell you that you are precious. Your time is money. Your life is valuable. Many of us forget the value of ourselves, our time, and our life, when we fall prey to loneliness, despair, and depression.

                        These torments are brought about by different people and things. Sometimes friends are the cause, sometimes family members or relatives are the cause, and sometimes it's our own mistake.  I had read somewhere that “people will always treat you according to their need and mood.”  Through the course of my life, I have realized that it is a truth. I know the carelessness of friends and family well. I was a little child when my father died, so I know what it is like when you are in the hands of someone else. No matter how much someone cares for you, there will be some moments when you realize that your father is your father, and nobody can take the place of a father.

                        Selfish, conniving people will always be by your side when you are happy, wealthy, and successful. They will lose interest in you when they have gained what they wanted, when they have exploited you enough, or when your success stops fascinating them and becomes a normal thing. Having met some such friends and relatives, I now have good understanding of the dishonest, crafty, and deceiving people. I gave everything to some friends, my time, money, and I even quit my studies for them. But after exploiting my knowledge, time, everything even my computer, they became strangers. 

                        All the things and experiences cannot be described in this short letter. In nutshell, you must be aware of your good friends and bad friends. Never let yourself be exploited. Leave those who have left you. Tell them you don’t need them, if they don’t need you. Nobody can take better care of you than you yourself. There is plenty of fish in the sea. You will find a lot of good friends in this big world who will care for you, love you, and value you. So pull yourself out of these torments. You are innocent and you deserve better than those selfish and stone-hearted people.  Sometimes God keep us in difficulties in order to make us stronger and to give us more experiences. 

All the best!

 Rizwan

No comments: