Monday, February 24, 2014

(3) IT IS VALENTINE’S DAY


Author: Rizwan Ahmed Memon





Village Akil
Larkana, Sindh, Pakistan
February 14, 2014


Dearest Angly,

It is Valentine’s Day today, and I had planned that we would get married on this day, but none of my plans worked out. Half of my family has got separate and has moved to the city. As you know, we are dependent on our parents when it comes to our marriage. February passed, leaving us apart.

My family was ready, too, but your father told them to wait until March. Now, my family has its own problems, so they are not paying any attention to our wedding. What can we do? All that we can do is wait.

By the way, I brought a rose in the morning and kept it in the book I am reading nowadays. The rose was as soft as your hands and smelled like your hair. Every time I looked at it, your face came before my eyes, and the moment when we had seen each other for the first time came into my mind. I have seen you only few times and have hardly heard your voice. Oh, Angly, I don’t know when we will be together forever, and I could watch your face for hours and hear your voice.

It is evening now and I am upstairs in my room. Though the rose, which I brought in the morning, has almost turned dry, it still has that fragrance. I feel the relationship between the smell and the rose is like our relationship. No matter what condition they are in, they still cling to each other. Our circumstances keep us apart, but our love will always be there like the smell of the rose.


Yours ever,
Rizwan
Post a Comment