Tuesday, February 11, 2014

(2) Lonely Days Without You

 Author: Rizwan Ahmed Memon

Akil Village
Larkana, Sindh, Pakistan
June 16, 2013

Dearest Seemi,

           It's raining again tonight, and the time is 1:48 a.m. Everything is fine here except that I feel your absence more deeply than I did earlier. We could have been together long ago, but my brothers have obstructed us. Some say I won’t make any money; others say I won't be able to deal with the challenges of life. They believe I have done nothing in my life. However, I am doing my best, and I'll show everyone that I can do anything. I hope that God will help me as he always has.

         From my village school batch, I am the only one who made it to university, which is my highest achievement. I've learned how to use the computer, and I have been studying English. I consider these my achievements. How can my brothers say I haven't done anything? It is all because I chose my own path and didn’t do what they wanted me to—working at the shop and the dairy farm.

         Soon I will graduate from university and be with you anyhow, putting an end to my lonely and solitary days. I’m planning to establish an academy for English learning and computer skills. I'll work hard to earn enough money to make you happy and fulfill your wishes. Without you, most of my days pass in sadness. My brothers keep hurting me, but I believe that if you were here with me, all my worries and wounds would disappear.

Forever yours, 
Rizwan

No comments: