Friday, May 13, 2016

MY OLD RELATIONSHIP

My Old Relationship

Author: Rizwan Ahmed Memon


IBA Community College
Khairpur, Sindh, Pakistan
May 13, 2016


My dear daughter,

            Your papa misses you so much. My little fairy, your papa has faced separation many times in his life, and when the pain of separation starts to hurt so deeply, I pour my heart out through words. My relationship with loneliness, separation, and pain is old. It started back in 2010 when I went to university. I had to leave my mother, friends, and my village. Then when your mother stole my heart, I went through the pain of separation for four years. Now, when I am teaching at IBA (Institute of Business Administration) Community College Khairpur, I am facing separation from you and your mother.

            I sometimes think that I shouldn’t have left my previous job as a lecturer at SZABIST because it was in our native city Larkana. I could come home every day after college. But when I think about the workload that I had there, I feel I am better at IBA college. But at IBA, the only chance I have to see you is on weekends.

            When I moved to Khairpur, you were just six months old. But you still recognized me and felt so happy when you saw me after six days. One day when you will be grown-up, you will read these letters and feel the pain that I am going through without you.


Your papa,

 Rizwan

No comments: