Saturday, June 21, 2014

(14) Absence Makes the Heart Grow Fonder

Author: Rizwan Ahmed Memon

Village Akil
Larkana, Sindh, Pakistan
June 17, 2014


Dearest Seemi,

Two days ago when I came to see you at your parents’ house, I felt as if I were going to see you for the first time. My heart was beating a little faster, and I couldn’t wait to see you. I noticed in your eyes that you, too, were so happy to see me. The way you held my hands made me feel how much you missed me. If two or three days of being away from each other bring more love in our hearts, perhaps sometimes we should be parted. They say absence makes the heart grow fonder.

Yesterday was May 16. It has been a month now since we were married. Life is a dream, isn’t it? Seemi, days will pass, months will pass, years will pass, but my love for you will be the same forever. My body with the passage of time can grow weaker, but my love will never be affected. The love that I have for you is not based on temporary emotions. Sometimes when I read the other letters that I have written for you on my blog, I feel that our love will always be in the world, and that these letters will help people know and appreciate our devotion and be healed by it. My love for you is endless.



Yours forever,
  Rizwan

No comments: