Sunday, March 9, 2014

(5) The Last Night Dream

Author: Rizwan Ahmed Memon


Village Akil,
Larkana, Sindh, Pakistan
February 16, 2014


Dearest Seemi,

I saw a dream last night. I saw that you and I were up on the peak of a mountain. You said that if we wanted to be together forever, we would have to enter eternity. You took my hands into your hands and said, “We will surely be together in paradise, where time has no end.” Then you asked me, “Won’t you be with me, Rizwan?” I kissed your hands and said that I would always be with you.

Down the mountain was a river and we, hand-in-hand, jumped off the mountain. Suddenly, I woke up! I was shivering. I pulled up my covers, and I was so afraid!

Seemi, I don’t know what the interpretation of this dream may be. I hope everything will be fine.




Yours ever,
Rizwan


No comments: