Wednesday, April 15, 2015

LIFE’S INEVITABLE FACTS

 Life’s Inevitable Facts
Author: Rizwan Ahmed Memon

When we are born, we all are given a limited timespan. In this timespan, we pass through some stages, namely childhood, youth and old age. In every stage, we find ourselves different and observe the inevitable facts of the life.

When we are children, we care for only our toys, no other matters, no worries, no future plans, and no earning concerns which an adult has. As a child, I kept my toys in the corner of the room. My mother once told me it was the same place where my elder siblings kept their toys in their childhood, and I, too, used that corner for my toys.

Now, I am a grown up. Recently, I graduated from university and got a degree in Computer Science. When I came home, I saw that corner and talked with my mother about it, my childhood toys, and that beautiful childhood life. My mother still remembers everything as I do. She recalled the memories of past, from hiding toys to crying for money and sticking with her wherever she went.

We were talking about our bygone days when my mother said, “The time is about to come when your children will hide their toys in that same corner.” My mother’s sentence made me laugh, but at the same time I realized the inevitable fact of the life.

Though every stage of the life has its own charm and importance, I consider childhood the easiest stage, youth the most prime stage, and old age the most difficult. When we are children, we don’t know much about the world, so the less we know, the less we worry. When we are young, we are independent, and we want everything to be the way we want. When we are old, we almost become like a child again who is dependent on others. All these stages are inevitable.

Is there anybody who can stop their age, who can remain a child or young forever and stop growing older? Is there any person on earth who can bring me back my childhood and that mind which worried only about toys? No one can stop getting older, no one can bring the youth of any old person back, and no one can find an escape from death when it is due.


Death is also one more inevitable thing. One day everyone has to taste death, and enter another world from where we cannot come back again. If we are honest with ourselves, we all will admit we would like to live forever, or for centuries, but it is not possible. Everything has an end. Sooner or later, we all will reach our end.

No comments: