Sunday, March 9, 2014

(6) I am Getting Older

Author: Rizwan Ahmed Memon

Village Akil
Larkana, Sindh, Pakistan
February 14, 2014


Dearest Seemi,

Today when I came home after my walk, I took a look in the mirror. I noted that I am getting bald. Also, my hair has started to turn white like an old man’s.

Two or three years ago, if I saw any gray hair on my head, I plucked it out just to look young. When I was 16, my face was full of pimples. I hated pimples. They disturbed and hurt me a lot. Now that I am 22, I don’t have pimples, but they left very tiny holes on my face.

No matter how hard I try to stay young, one day I will be old. I hope you will like me forever because this skin, this hair, and this body are mortal, but my love for you is immortal. I will love you forever.
 
Five years ago, when I saw you for the first time, you looked as white as snow. Your delicate hands, your deep eyes, and your silence still occupy my mind. No matter how you look with the passage of time, I will always love you the same way.


Yours forever,
Rizwan

No comments: