Tuesday, February 11, 2014

(1) DEAREST ANGLY

Author: Rizwan Ahmed Memon



Village Akil
Larkana, Sindh, Pakistan
June 26, 2013



Dearest Angly,

            From the day I saw you, I have tried and wished to write to you, but when I took a pen and paper, my hand would not move. I don’t know why. I remember when I saw you for the first time. My eyes stopped blinking and my tongue couldn’t say a word. I just kept watching. The world around me had disappeared.

            Now that we are engaged, we still can’t see each other or talk with each other. One reason is the conventions of our society, where a boy and girl are not allowed to be in contact even after they are engaged. However, I don’t really think much of these traditions in which one cannot do what one wants to.

            Though we are apart, a thing called “trust” keeps us together all the time. I have always missed you. Three years ago I left home and came to the university, and ever since I have often thought about you. So many girls are around me studying in one class, but I have always thought about you. In my lonely nights at the hostel, I go up on the roof and watch the twinkling stars and shining moon. They remind me of you. In my evenings, I have often gone for a walk and seen the sunset, which consoles me with the knowledge that the days of loneliness and isolation are ending.

            After my university, I want to start a new life with you. God willing, everything will be alright.




Yours forever,
Rizwan
Post a Comment